Sat, Nov 18|
Govardhan Pooja at Texas Gaushala 2023
TE%AS GAUSHALA INDITES Y0U ON THE AUSPICIOUS OCCASION OF Govardhan Puja Gopashtami COME AND CELEBRATE WITH US ON SATURDAY, NOU 18, 2023 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM AT 20303 KICKAPOO RD, WALLER TX GAU PUJA WILL BE DONE BY PRIEST & PRASAD WILL BE SERUED
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 3:30 PM CST – Nov 19, 2023, 5:30 PM CST
Waller, 20303 Kickapoo Rd, Waller, TX 77484, USA
About the event
Govardhan Puja, also known as Annakut Puja, is a Hindu festival celebrated primarily in the northern regions of India, particularly in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and some parts of Haryana and Rajasthan. It is observed on the day after Diwali, which falls on the first day of the lunar month of Kartik in the Hindu calendar.
The festival holds great significance and is primarily associated with Lord Krishna. It commemorates the episode of Lord Krishna lifting the Govardhan Hill with his little finger to protect the people of the village of Vrindavan from the wrath of Lord Indra, the god of rain and thunderstorms.
The traditional observance of Govardhan Puja includes the following rituals:
- Preparing Annakut: Devotees prepare a large variety of vegetarian food items, often referred to as "Annakut" (a mountain of food). These offerings typically include sweets, savories, fruits, and other dishes. The food is arranged in the form of a mound or hill to symbolize the Govardhan Hill.
- Worship: The Annakut is offered to Lord Krishna or the deity of the local temple. Devotees gather at temples or their homes to perform special pujas (rituals) and aarti (prayer).
- Parikrama: In some regions, devotees perform the circumambulation (parikrama) of a deity or a representation of the Govardhan Hill. They walk around the mound of food, expressing their devotion.
- Feeding Cows: In Hindu tradition, cows are considered sacred, and it is customary to feed and honor them during Govardhan Puja. Cows are decorated and offered special treats.
- Community Celebration: Govardhan Puja is often celebrated in a community setting, with people coming together to create the Annakut and participate in the festivities.
The festival symbolizes the importance of nature, the need to protect it, and the power of faith and devotion in the face of adversity. It also highlights the significance of Lord Krishna in Hindu mythology and his role as a protector of his devotees.
Overall, Govardhan Puja is a joyful and vibrant celebration, reflecting the rich cultural and spiritual heritage of the Indian subcontinent.
Govarndahan pooja Entry
This ticket will allow into pooja room. you have the opportunity to sponsor the prashad at Texas Gaushala.$0.00
You can sponspor for the pooja or Prasad.From $25.00 to $251.00